Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 161, Rainy Days and Mondays

I love when we have a three-day weekend. There's nothing better than sleeping in on a Monday morning when the rest of the world is getting up early and beginning a new work week. That definitely sounded meaner than it should have.... but I can't take it back, because it's true. Does that make me a meany? Crud. Add "stop being mean" to my list of goals for 2010.
Ron and I went to see "It's Complicated" today with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, and Alec Baldwin. It's that cover-your-eyes-and-search-for-the-floor kind of humor....the kind that makes you squirm in your seat because it hits a little too close to reality. We gave it a 7 out of 10 on the Morgan Movie Rater Scale. The best part of the show, running a close second to Alec Baldwin's priceless facial expressions, was John Travinski's role as Meryl Streep's son-in-law. In my opinion, he stole the show---tough to do with that cast.

You should be proud of me.... I did not have a coke today. An ice cold coke and hot buttered popcorn is just movie tradition as far as I'm concerned, so this is worthy of your applause. Instead, I smuggled in two Kudos bars, a diet Dr. Pepper, and a bottled water. Is that a bad thing? Hmm. Add "don't sneak food into the theatre" to my goals for 2010.

Later, we swam our way to the gym---you needed fins to get around today in the horrendous rains. Not complaining... we need rain desperately,,,but man we came home looking like two drowned rats. Then we had to face the wrath of Mick, who'd been left outside in the hurricane (that may sound like an exaggeration, but you didn't see the fit Mick threw when we got home. He was one ticked off dog!)  Sigh. Add "don't be mean to Mick" to my goals for 2010.

So I get brownie points in two areas today---I exercised and I did not drink a coke. Okay, I know, I'm sort of cheating because I had the diet Dr. Pepper.... got the caffeine fix.... but hey, baby steps, right? Now, if I would have laid off the peanut M&Ms after dinner, I could really celebrate ;) Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm pathetic. Snarl. Add "lay off the peanut M&Ms after dinner" to my goals for 2010. Grrrr.

Still no word from the publisher. Sigh. I believe. I believe. I believe. Add "be patient" to my list of goals for 2010.

RAK? Dang it. I can't think of one nice thing I did today for someone else. Why can't I get my act together on this RAK thing? Am I THAT selfish? I think I'm a nice person.....but there ain't a lot of fruit on the "RAK" tree. Maybe you don't have to perform RAKs in order to be a nice person. Sure. Sure... I'll stick to that story.

Wait a minute.... I smuggled that Kudos bar and bottled water into the movie for Ron. Hey hey!!! RAK!
Somehow, that RAK ranks right up there between "You can't be serious" and "You truly are pathetic."

Baby steps, remember?

No comments: