Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 175, Technology Terrors

This was a horrendous day. Not the worst type of day....not one of those days that you can't recover from, no, nothing so dreadful.... Just one of those days that raises your blood pressure and interrupts what little simulance of a routine you might have had. Today I blame it all on TECHNOLOGY! Hours on the telephone and $100 later, the problem SEEMS to be solved. I'll keep you posted.

I have lots of alitteration words today: Terrible, time-consuming, ticked-off, tumultuous, tedious, tormenting, twisted, torrid, testing my patience, trials........... want me to keep going?

Breathe. Breathe. That's what people have been telling me today. Breathe. I am pretty sure I will fall asleep with clenched jaw and dream about all my teeth falling out. Those dreams used to freak me out!! No pill tonight.... I may never wake up.

RAK? I helped Kelly with her lunch detentions.... there were a mass of them. And I made sure all of Donna's supplies were ready for her grade level meeting this afternoon. That's about the best I can do....I was not in a very kind state of mind today. Gratefully, the kids didn't notice. They were one of the nice parts of my day. They are so awesome!

Tonight we began our visiting teaching interviews. Those are always fun. It is hard to believe I have been in this calling for 2 1/2 years now. That's a respectable length of time. I am grateful for the blessings I've received as a result....and for the friendships that have formed along the way.

Taylor came today. I miss him. I miss Andrew and Raechel too. I miss having my little chickens all tucked safely into my nest as I drift into slumber. I'll never know that feeling again.... Why didn't I cherish it more when it was my nightly routine? That's a cruel trick that Father Time and Mother Nature play on humanity.

I missed my spin class tonight.

No comments: