Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 181, Another Day, Another Dollar

Since I'm nearing the half-way mark of my "Post-a-Day For a Year" goal, I thought I'd utilize my language arts skills and come up with some analogies of what it's like to be committed to this year-long endeavor....whether writer or reader. Here are six that I thought of today:

Posting a blog a day is like changing your underwear... if you don't do it, it bothers you all day long.
Posting a blog a day is like doing your hair... no matter how perfectly you do it today, you still have to do it again tomorrow.
Posting a blog a day is like going to the bathroom... you feel so relieved when it's done.
Posting a blog a day is like eating a good meal... no matter how satisfied you are, by the next day you are hungry again.
Posting a blog a day is like paying bills, if you are late, there is a penalty.
Posting a blog a day is like brushing your teeth... if you do a crappy job, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I know,,, I made my own bed. I'm lying in it. I get it. But someday........ SOMEDAY,,,, someone will think it was a cool idea.

~"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song." ~ Chinese Proverb.

Do I have a song?

RAK? I got Jamba for Kelly (gave up part of my prep, so it counts even though I got myself one too.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, what am I? Chopped liver? I think your blog is a good idea. And I hope you keep it up when the year is over.