Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 230, ...And they're off!

An eventful Monday.... It's cruel to be so tired when you're on break! It's the details that kill us. Ron and I got our taxes done.... You know???.... It's almost impossible anymore to do your taxes without walking away with a limp...and a migraine. Oh my. Well, at least we survived....only had to sell our firstborn.

Following our appointment with Uncle Sam, Ron and I went for a nostalgic lunch at Mimi's Cafe....Nostaligic because that's where we had our first lunch date together....,and where we shared our first kiss. Ahhhh...what a memory! What a kiss! Sorry if that's TMI for my parade of readers.

Then on to the post office.....(You didn't know you were going on a road trip, did ya?) I mailed my revised manuscript with five reviews...and two more to follow. I also sent a copy to myself registered mail---so copyright is now established. .... $30 later. Now I sit on nails and needles while I await the publisher's response. I'm a ball of nerves!! Now is the time for me to think positive...and have faith! Dream big, sister. Dream big! Dare to believe!!! That's right, remember the Laws of Attraction!!!

Please pray for me, okay? I truly need all the Divine intervention I can get.

Following the 45 minute trip to the post office,,,,,Ron and I decided to take yummy strawberries, all prepared for strawberry shortcake, to my mom and dad. Well, as Newton's laws go, the strawberries ended up on the floorboard of my car before we could make it to Grandma and Grandpa's house. :( Ugh! So, enter Plan B. We gave them ours. Sigh!!! It was all worth it when my mom called a couple hours later to tell me how much they enjoyed their strawberry shortcake. Besides, they can afford the calories more than I can. .... Um, yeah, still have those 20 pounds to lose. Eh hmm.

Tonight Ron and I watched "Turandot"---the opera. Wow! What a great story...and what phenomenal music. Oi!

RAK? Does giving my parents my strawberries count?

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Hey thanks, you're so sweet. I'm about to respond to your email. I will be in Temecula this weekend. Oh I will pray for you too!