Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 229, Let the games begin

Quick! Post now,,,, before midnight!

Today was a special day for Ellen...She received her Patriarchal Blessing---and she spoke in church. She did a great job. Her blessing was amazing....I was so grateful to be able to be there with her.

Tomorrow I mail off my manuscript with the four reviews. Well,, I didn't get one of the original four... so I'll send it later, but at least I have four I can send. I'm so nervous about this! I'm so afraid they will decide to pass on publishing my book, even inspite of all the revisions. But,,, fear is the antithesis of faith.... So I have to replace it with trust. I have to trust that it is all in the Lord's hands, and that whatever happens is right. A part of me truly does hope that they will choose to publish me....and that sometime in the next year my story will be available in book form. Sometimes the dream seems too big for me..too much to hope for... /But what the heck? I've denied myself the privilege to dream big my entire life. I've talked myself down...lowered my expectations to dreams that were more "reasonable" and "attainable." Why? Because deep down I never beleived that I deserved the achieve the big dreams---those were reserved for special people. Well, I wrote this book anyway, and I dared to dream. I can't give up on that dream now. I have felt the guiding hand of the Lord throughout the process.... so I will hold on to that feeling, and I will make myself believe. Why not me?

Today our lesson in RS was on doing kind things for others during the day---"Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?" I had to laugh. I told them about this blog... and how badly I suck at RAKs. I will say this though... At least I am more mindful of them now. And heck.. I have 135 more days to get it right...(and to lose those 20 pounds...hmmm.)

Tomorrow is tax day. Let's just call it "Black Monday for the Morgans," okay? We definitely anticipate some very bad news! The question is, how bad will it be?

Time for bed....Tomorrow is a big day for me! Please pray for the success of my book. Please pray that the publisher will love it...and want to publish it. Please pray that the Lord's hand will guide the entire process. Your prayers on my behalf are a true RAK. Thank you.

I do believe in miracles.

No comments: