Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 258, Well, there you go

Today I was the assistant principal. That's always good for a laugh...and always provides me with new material for my future book, The Principal's Wife. Got to spend time with the kid that I'm pretty sure is planning my murder. At least, that's the way he stares at me sometimes. Let's hope I'm just being a bit over dramatic.

Speaking of drama...there is plenty of that in the air today. If there isn't, trust me when I tell you, there are people around who will be sure and create it. It's seems to be a gift that some people are born with.

By the way, speaking of drama..... I understand the commercial where the guy throws his computer out the window....My printer almost took a swan dive out of our 2nd story window tonight. Why... why.... why can't printers just do what they're supposed to do? Each time we think we have upgraded to something "better," we end up in a battle zone. Tonight, it's printer 1, Mindy 0. and I'm too tired for a re-match.

RAK? I made my husband a rootbeer float. I'm not sure he wanted one, but I made it for him anyway... After all, he took care of my plane ticket confirmation for me. It's the least I could do.

Tomorrow it's back to Utah ... This will be some much needed relaxation and rejuvenation---the Spiritual kind. I'm looking forward to Women's Conference. Naturally, I can't leave with a clear conscience because my daughter has obligations that will now rest on my husband, and my parents have needs that I'm sure they were hoping I could fill, and now they will have to rely on someone else. And, I will not be able to attend the Leadership training that I was supposed to be at Thursday. So, I get to go with that guilt that says I've let people down--again. Think there will ever be a time that I will choose to do something selfish---without a guilty conscience? My husband says I don't know how to relax. Maybe that's because whenever I do, somebody gets their nose bent out of joint, and I end up feeling like I have to justify why I was relaxing when there was obviously work to be done, deadlines to meet, people who need me, and other, more "noble" things I should be doing with my time.

Well, enough whining for now. It's late,,, and I have an early,,, early, early morning. Happy Hump Day tomorrow.

No comments: