Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 259, Deja Vu

Hmmm. This is familiar. I'm sitting in the San Diego airport,,,waiting on my delayed flight. Sound familiar? Of course, it's weather related, so there is no accommodations provided by the airlines. We sit. We wait. Period. I'm learning the hard way to always keep my power outlet for my computer in my purse. Twice now I've put it in my luggage, and was unable to use my computer for long because the battery runs down. Grrr. I wouldn't mind being delayed so much if I knew I could at least be productive with my time. Without my computer, it's just a few more hours of my life that I will never get back.

But I'm not angry...haven't bitten anyone's head off... yet.... I am "rolling" with it. We'll see how long I can keep that little charade up :) As you know, patience is not one of my finer virtues.

Should we take bets? Think I'll make it Salt Lake City anytime in the next few hours?

Oh man, I wish I had my power outlet handy. This would be the perfect time to work on my book.

"We recommend that you keep your luggage with you at all times....."

"This is a friendly reminder that all areas in the airport are designated as smoke free areas. We appreciate your cooperation."

"Folks, we should have an update here for you shortly. Please be patient."

RAKs? Hah! You've got to be kidding! The fact that I am forcing a smile...should count for something. We'll see how much I'm smiling in a couple hours from now.

No comments: