Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 294, Da da da da da da da .....da da da da da da da... cluck cluck cluck cluck

Yep, you guessed it... it's the chicken dance. Oh come on, you know you love it. How can you resist? It's bound to put a smile on your face..... always reminds me of October Fest in Lake Arrowhead---something I missed this past year :(

Today I got my first lesson in the Steps program. I realize, humbly, that I have a lot to learn about educating children with severe handicaps. It was a heart-warming experience.

So,,,, as for the RESET diet.... Ummm,,, well, I sort of spilled my morning shake all over my car... so I didn't actually drink it. Then.... I sort of felt sick during lunch, so I opted for a cup of fruit and a cup of vegetables for lunch.... and I sort of still couldn't stomach the thought of a shake for dinner.... so I opted for two more servings of vegetables and one of fruit. Sigh. Okay... I had teensy weensy taste of Ellen's dinner.. but only a taste. So, I guess I sort of blew it as far as the shakes go. At least my headache wasn't nearly as bad today, and I felt better. Who knows about tomorrow. I will try to stick it out for one more day..... I already know that Friday night I am having Panda. Sigh!!!! Actually, I truly hope that this Reset program will help me be more motivated to stay good and lose the weight I need to lose. I can't stomach the thought of going through this again in three more weeks. On a positive note... the scale did tip this morning.... I can't argue with that. Trick is, developing a dietary habit that works for me... and helps me keep the weight off. WHY,,, do the things I love have to be bad for me????? Coca Cola... come on!!! Why?????? I can survive without sweets (as long as there is fresh fruit available...) but really, coke? Ah... I love my icy cold coke and hot buttered popcorn!!!!

Did you know that if you drink one can of coke a day, you will gain 5 pounds a year? Well,,, that explains it!

I have exercised three days in a row. Go me!

My stomach is rumbling.

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement. As for the first book...I'm still waiting for the proof. I feel bad because everyone keeps asking me about it and I have no real ETA at the moment. :( How's your novel coming? I can't wait to buy it.