Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 312, Happy Father's Day :)

Aren't dads grand? My dad is awesome!!! And he's 90 years old....do you realize what that means? It means that he is ten short years away from living for an entire century! Wow. I learned today that Father's Day was first celebrated 100 years ago.... but it did not become official until the 1970's when Richard Nixon declared it to be a national holiday. Mother's Day was years before this. Interesting, eh?

Then there's Ron.... my good husband :) My heart mate.... and my confidant. I call him my blow fish sometimes, and I always tease him---because he is such a character. He definitely keeps things interesting around here :) Ryan and Jen came over and cooked us dinner for Father's Day... it was great. They worked hard to make it a special day. It's cool to watch Ryan....as this is his first Father's Day. Funny how much a child changes a person.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight.... Welcome after only getting 4 hours sleep last night. Ah, the joys of grandchildren :) They are truly a blessing.

No comments: