Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 333, Scattered showers and a chance of sunshine

She's getting big, isn't she? They grow fast, and before you know it, They are almost 23 years old and flying home for a visit in five more days. Astounding, the concept of time. And even more intriguing to realize that it only exists, as we know it, on our planet. Ever wonder how people age on other planets?


 
Today I played the organ in Sacrament. It occurred to me that there is so much about the organ that I have not even begun to master. It's an interesting and almost intimidating instrument....much different than the piano. The piano is more forgiving.
Ellen gave a talk about families. She did a great job. Bless her heart, she misses having her brothers and her sister around. She is stuck with only Ron and I as companions. I'm glad she still likes hanging out with us,,,,it will be a sad day for us both when the inevitable happens---driver's license, boys, college..... It makes me sad to know it will all come to an end in the next three years. I, for one, do not think I will take the empty nest well. Always thought I would welcome the day when the house was quiet, but now I fear that a quiet house will just be a lonely house. How do mother's do it? It's no wonder grandchildren are spoiled. I hope my kids will stay as close to me as I have to my parents....and that they will live close to me. I know that it asking for a lot,,,,and it's unlikely to happen,,,but I will hope nonetheless.
Time to write to Andrew. My Boo Boo will be 21 in just a few more days. Aye aye aye!!!

No comments: