Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 347, Leaving paradise

Yes... I will miss the island paradise we're leaving behind. We sat on the beach this morning, and the water looked bluer than ever...It would have been much easier to leave if it had been a yucky day. But... I wouldn't wish a yucky day on anyone.

Our last day wasn't without an adventure, however; we ventured up to Haleakala for a look at the famous crater and a bird's eye view of the island. The view was spectacular from 10,000 feet. Best part? I did not get car sick on the drive to the top :)


I can't leave without thinking of the words to the Beamer Brother's Honolulu City Lights. It's a song I heard for the first time over 30 years ago. Now I understand them. "Looking out upon the city lights, and the stars above the ocean.... Got my ticket for the midnight plane, and it's not easy....to leave again." I have to agree; it's not easy to leave. I am already looking forward to next summer, when hopefully, we will visit the islands again.
This has been the very best vacation ever!!! Many thanks to all the efforts of my husband, who made sure my experience was all I dreamed it would be. Love you honey :)

No comments: