Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 349, Life after vacation

You know what's really fun? Coming home from a vacation in Hawaii...and then getting up at 5:30 in the morning to go back to work. Oh baby.... yeah... that's fun. NOT. I dragged myself through the day---and no, I do not expect anyone to feel sorry for me. I am well aware of the fact that I have no reason to complain about anything. So I'll just suffer in silence :) Usually.... about a week before we go back to work, I start to feel some level of excitement about the upcoming year, and I mentally begin the planning process. But this year, I am so not there. On the contrary, there is a part of me that is sad that I won't be greeting students on the first day of school and going through the beginning of the year acvtivities. Instead, I will report to my cubicle at the district office and wait for someone to tell me what to do. That is so not me.

Enough belly-aching. I am sure once I make the mental shift to my new position, things will begin to fall into place. Sigh. Is it okay that I am already looking forward to next summer? Part of the reason this summer felt so short is because I had to work for almost 3 of the weeks. That won't happen next year.

Better get some sleep.... 5:30 comes really early!

No comments: