Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 342, Maui Wowie

Greetings from the Island of Maui. Today Ron and I tried snorkeling for the first time. Too bad we don't have any pictures to document that. We were like Laurel and Hardy out there. Both of us are determined to be good at it by the end of the week. My problem is that I am afraid of ocean water....deep water that surrounds you on all sides.... it totally freaks me out. Ron's problem is that he doesn't swim---definitely problematic when you snorkel. Will we rise to the challenge? Stay tuned.
This morning my hero of a husband contacted the management of our unit and requested a room change. Tomorrow, while we are visiting the Island of Oahu, they are going to move all our things to a different unit...one with a better view (we hope.) I will keep you posted on that one.
You can't tell from this picture...., my phone is not a great camera, but I just have to say that the Maui sunset tonight was beautiful. The sky lit up with all kinds of colors---shades of yellow, orange, red, pink, blue.... it was amazing. Postcards are not an exaggeration.... it really is that good.
Today we drove up to Lahaina and walked around the shops, had happy hour at the Hula Bar and Grill, and enjoyed live music while looking out over the ocean. It's the stuff that dreams are made of.... my dreams, at least. It was a great day!!

Tomorrow we get up at 3:45am and get ready for a 5am flight to Oahu. I am so excited to see Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center. We also get fresh pineapple from the Dole plantation--and a buffet luncheon at the PCC. Yum! It will be a long day, but we are looking forward to it. Tune in tomorrow for details.

No comments: