Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 411, Gender Bias

I've decided that my new car is female, which is odd since all my previous cars have been male. How do I know? I have no idea. Every car I've owned as just "seemed" like a boy car to me---hence, they all were given boy names. My daughter's car is definitely male---You can't have a cute name like Rolly Polly and not be a boy. My "I wanna be an SUV when I grow up" CRV (buck teeth and all,) was most certainly a male. He reminded me of an adolescent boy, still in that awkward stage of puberty. Camry? Boy. Civic? Boy. Toyota truck? Duh, BOY (thought all trucks were boys, but my husband assures me that "guys" think of their trucks as "girls"). Chevy Nova? Teenage boy. Chevy Malibu? Young Adult male. Vega Wagon? Tough as nails toddler boy, all the way. Honda Odyssey? Not just a boy, a grown up man!

But my sleek, pearl, Accord EXL-Navi V6? She's a woman! A fit, sexy, classy female complete with accessories.

Should I be disturbed by this?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Should you be disturbed that you drive/ride a woman daily? Yes, I think so.