Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 415, Lose / Lose

Ever heard of the Kobi Ashi Maru? I am sure I am not spelling that correctly, so I apologize up front to all you Star Trek fans out there. This is what is referred by Captian Kirk as the no-win scenario, meant to test captain's ability to handle a life & death situation where there is no way to win. Capt. Kirk is the only one to ever beat the test---but he cheated.

I have been faced with my own version of this Lose/Lose game. The enemy exists in the form of a woman who has decided that I am the DNA donar for the Wicked Witch of the West. She is loud, she is obnoxious, and she has made it her mission to villianize me. This is quite new territory for me....I have never come across an adversary of this nature. Some day, I am sure she will end up as a character in one of my books.

So what do you do when you are wrongfully accused? Years of life experience and learning from others' misfortunes have taught me that in these situations, you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. The more you protest, the guiltier you sound. If you defend yourself, you sound like a victim. If you ignore it (which seems the most adult thing to do,) then your accuser(s) take it as an admission of guilt. It's ridiculous.

Now, if someone is going to accuse you of something, they should not be a coward about it. They must be willing to put their cards on the table, and they had better have their facts straight. Otherwise, their claims can have no credibility.

They say that cream always rises to the top.... but then again, so does scum. The trick is in knowing the difference. 

Good night.... I have to go put the sheets on our bed. Sigh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stupid lady! I'll give her a "yah!" and a "hi-ya!" and I'll keek her sir.

Also, I would just like to point out that every time I visit your blog of late I am pleasantly surprised by its new look and feel. You'd think this wouldn't be the case because I designed it myself, but I forget, you see, and then when I see it I go, "oooo, aaaaaahhhh".