Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 417, 'Tis the Season

It's the season of joy... peace... All is calm. All is bright. Right? Then why do I feel like my insides are falling out?

For years I've had this dream that I wake up and realize it is Christmas Eve, and I have no tree, no gifts, no plans. In my dream, I experience this unparalleled sense of anxiety knowing that somehow I have missed Christmas. When I awake in the morning, it always takes a while for me to get my bearings and realize that Christmas is still months away.

Well, Christmas is less than two weeks away now, and I am having flashes of that anxiety. It doesn't stop me from enjoying the season....but it does cause me to lay awake at night.

On the work front, things are better. I am building bridges.... but that's a story for another day :-)

Three more days until Christmas vacation..... THAT is definitely something I am looking forward to!!

No comments: