Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 3, 362 to go

Today I received a duplicate rejection from Jodi Reamer. It's the exact same rejection letter I got 3 days ago. I guess she (actually it was one of her assistants,) really wanted to make sure I got the message :) Okay, I GOT IT! Then while I was working in my classroom, my curriculum partner dropped by with the announcement that she absolutely loves my book. She said, "I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting THIS~! It's great!" Well, she doesn't own a publishing company or a literary agency---but she is a language arts teacher and an avid reader, so I consider her praise very valuable.
I went to visit my neighbor this evening. She is dying of cancer--a battle she has fought for over 12 years. This summer it finally got her. She only has 2-3 months left to live, and she becomes weaker by the day. Still, she remains positive and concerned about other's needs. She is such an amazing woman, and I am blessed for knowing her. I'm glad that I forced myself to walk over and introduce myself two years ago. It is way out of my comfort zone to do so, but I felt it was important for me to know my neighbors, so after battling with insecurity and shyness (yes, believe it or not, shyness!!) I finally made myself take that long walk next door. I've never regretted it.
Wonder what my dreams will hold for me tonight.... hopefully an new angle. Oh, confession--I did not jog today or even walk. Instead, I ate blueberry pancakes with my good friend, Judi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah well they were better than jogging:) It was fun to talk and laugh with you! Ok this blog rocks! yeah you are so motivated!! I like it. Now I will have something to read when I'm bored~