Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 27, 338 to go

Today was the funeral for my next door neighbor, Sue. Some day, I will include in my blog the letter that her husband had read at the memorial. It was such a beautiful tribute to her, and so eloquently written. Few marriages boast such a deep level of devotion. I guess that gives us something to aspire to :)

So, I retired to my Lazy Boy, and embarked on a cruise through three chick flicks: PS I Love You, 27 Dresses, and Bridget Jones Diary---all with gorgeous leading men, fantastically predictable and formula plots (oh that I had written one of those blockbusters!) and all with amazing kiss scenes. Gotta have a great first kiss, or the movie (and/or book for that matter,) just isn't worth the effort in my opinion.

"The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender."
Emil Ludwig

Amen to that! Yeah. Let's have a moment of silence in honor of all the greatest kiss scenes through the decades....And while you're at it, add your own personal favorite memory in there too, why not?

Better hurry and post... only 5 more minutes until the day ends. Happy kissing everyone :)
PS... I'm still trying for a night of uninterrupted sleep. And, no, my cat has not returned. Thanks for asking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

moment of silence for kissing.... hmmm there's no kissing here... lol well I thought you were busy but 3 movies? Nice:)

Mindy Morgan said...

Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise. I rarely get control of the remote, so it was a special treat. Of course, there was coke involved.