Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 36

Loyalty. I wonder if this is a concept lost on today's youth. I suppose it's all relative; kids would likely argue that they understand loyalty as well as anyone. Perhaps the better question is where are your loyalties? And what price are you willing to pay to demonstrate that loyalty?

"Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice. " Woodrow T. Wilson

Maybe that is what I am looking for, a willingness to believe in someone or something so passionately that you will lay it all on the line in the name of loyalty. In our microwave society of self-service and instant gratification, self-sacrifice is overlooked and underrated. In fact, the very concept is frowned upon with disdain. Think I'm being cynical? Perhaps. But ask around... the motto too often is "loyalty to self."

Where do your loyalties lie? Where are mine? What and/or who am I willing to sacrifice for? That is a telling question.

I close with another question... what was your RAK today? I think I might have been kind to someone today---on purpose---which is nice for a change. I still need to be more deliberate in showing kindness to others.

Planet "M"--- Nothing notable to report today,,, just that I will be losing about 9 kids per class in the next week or two. It will be difficult for me to let go of them, I have such great kids this year.

No comments: