Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 37

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Jimmy Brickey.

These are the words from a note my neighbor gave me after his wife's funeral... and I thought it would be a nice message for my blog. Truly kindness is a universal language.

You know what I find interesting, and even a little sad? It seems to be easier to show kindness to strangers than to members of our own family. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of people who go out of their way to extend kindness to others, yet treat their own spouse with disdain or contempt. Why is that? Aren't we a little backwards when we treat others better than our own family? I am as guilty as the next person...willing to do anything to help one of my friends or a colleague, but too blind to see the needs of my husband or children. I talk about RAKs ... and I realize that those should begin at home. Am I alone here?

Got another rejection from a literary agency today... this one came from Reece Halsey North Literary Agency in California. I had completely forgotten about them. Ironically, as I mentioned once before, even a rejection makes me feel like I'm still in the game and still connected to the industry. I had a sudden wave of new energy about my book recently, accompanied by a feeling that I need to submit another round of queries. Why? I don't know. I already have a publisher willing to publish my book on a limited release basis... isn't that good enough for starters? I guess not... or I wouldn't be holding on to the hope that a literary agency will call and offer me a contract soon.

Hope is a good thing.

Planet "M"--- Tomorrow I am the assistant principal. Be good kids!!! You don't want to end up in my office :)

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

I got a rejection from that agency as well....just keep at it girl :)