Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 42

"Physical strength is measured by what we can carry; spiritual by what we can bear." ~ Unknown

Today I heard a profound thought, "We are not earthly beings on a spiritual journey; we are spiritual beings on an earthly journey." I find this little nugget rather significant, and a nice reminder for me to keep things in the proper perspective. It also fits with a scene from the movie I saw yesterday---you know the one that all the critics have bashed because it is so cliche'.... "Love Happens." There is a scene where the main character takes a group of people out into the middle of a busy street, and he asks him to tell him what they see, hear, feel, etc. Cars honking, people yelling, profane gestures, birds, music, screeching tires, etc....Then he takes the same group to the top of a sky-scraper, same street below, and asks them the same question. From there, they see all the way to the ocean, past a sea of rooftops. His point? That their location did not change, only their perspective. Sometimes I forget to look up and see things from the vantage of immortality and eternity...a simple thought, but it makes all the difference in the world.

RAKs? I made my husband another chocolate pie...does it count as a RAK if I ate a piece of the pie too? Okay, I'll keep working on my kindness meter.

No comments: