Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 49

"Rather than passing through our trials, we must allow our trials to pass through us in a way that will sanctify us." Neal A. Maxwell.

What a profound perspective. If you've ever read his books, then you know that they are rich with pearls of inspiration and new ways of looking at old ideas.

A friend visited today and asked me about the book. Would that I had something new to report. Waiting is excrutiating, but I feel in my soul that the pathway will reveal itself soon, and doors will open. The story was penned through inspiration, I refuse to consider that it was all for naught, or that it was simply a gift to be enjoyed by me alone. Nope. There is a plan, and just because I don't see it from my limited view, doesn't mean it isn't there. "Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to." Isn't that the miracle? Or as Alma put it, "...therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." I don't see the path. I don't see the when, the how, or the who. Yet I know the path is there. "Dispute not because ye see not... rather be believing."

It's a good story. If this waiting period is a trial, then I pray that I allow it to pass through me,,, and that it will leave me a bit more sanctified in the process.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I know how you feel. I feel very similarly about my situation with Ben. I refuse to believe that it's just a fluke that he came into my life when he did or that we fell in love and have such a fulfilling relationship. Even though things are really hard and my patience and faith are REALLY being tried, and, as you put it, "I don't see the path. I don't see the when, the how, or the who. Yet I know the path is there." This has been one of the hardest and most frustrating trials of my life and I know that I am somehow being refined... I too, hope that we are being sanctified and that our trials are passing through us.

I know that things will work out for you Mom, one way or another. God's timing is truly not our own. I've learned that the hard way.