Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 59, The fog rolls in...

"Faith is like radar that sees through the fog." ~ Corrie Ten Boom 

Hey Jenny, are you listening? (I say listening because you are a writer...and writers don't just read the words on a page, they hear the words in their mind---ah, those wonderful voices in our heads!) Don't you dare throw in the towel. You know in your heart that you were born to write--and write you should. No matter what it takes, get your book in print. I don't care if you finally resort to the new fashion of self-publishing, but do not quit on yourself. I received a very nice letter from a publisher in Florida who encouraged me to start small, even self-publish, just so I could go through the process and be able to say I've been published. In her words, "If your book does well, you won't need to query for agents, they will come looking for you."
If you believe you wrote a good book and that people will enjoy reading it, then stand by it. You owe it to your characters to share their story with any and all who are willing to read it.
Right now, you see nothing but the fog, yet cloaked in that fog is your path to success. Keep pressing forward. Always.

Can I get an "Amen"?

Planet "M" -- Tonight I created "Harry Potter and the Subordinate Clause." I figure a little bit of magic and a wizard's wand couldn't hurt.

Happy Birthday to the man of my dreams :) I love you honey.

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Awwwww...that was sooo nice of you! If I was in Temecula with my parents right now I would find you and hug you :) My mom says that same thing about self-publishing, but I don't want to resort to that if I don't have too. But she keeps pressing that I should just self-publish my novel for the hell of it just so I can say I am a published writer. Anyway, thank you for your encouragement. I can tell you are a warm, caring, bright spirit. We need more people like you in this world :)