Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 104, And still counting

The clock is about to strike midnight, and I almost forget to post. Thanks Ron, for reminding me :)
I've been busily doing my Christmas shopping online. I'm not sure it pays to do it from home....the shipping fees are pretty steep, but I suppose it beats the hustle and bustle of fighting crowds. How much is my comfort and leisure worth? Apparently, enough to fill my gas tank a couple of times.
I took a risk with my parent's gift; I'm getting them something that I know they want, but I'm not sure they will like. I suppose that's why they invented the "Returns Here" line, right?
I'm trying to do Christmas without using a credit card this year...it doesn't seem possible, but I'm going to try my best to pay cash for everything. It would help if the bar of expectations weren't so high in our family. I have no one to blame for that but myself. I am a total Christmas junkie---Christmas barfs in my house every December, and leaves a wake of destruction in my pocketbook. Still, I'll do it again....year after year. Ho Ho Ho!!! :) Do they have something called Christmasholics Anonymous?
Only 4 minutes to post....
Tomorrow is Monday, and I don't have to go to work... hee hee hee. BUT, I DO have to get up early to take Ellen to water polo practice... Early as in she needs to be there by 6:30am. Who in the heck made THAT schedule?
3 more minutes....
Looking forward to hearing from the Rejection Queen sometime this week... and I am hoping she is enjoying my book as much as I enjoyed hers. It will be fun to see her again and share insights.
2 more minutes.....
RAKs? Ha! That's funny. Do you even have to ask?
1 more minute....
Goodnight everybody. Please pray for Jane... and say a special prayer for Raechel. She's been sick for 6 months...I am hoping a good dose of Grandma's stew will help.
BUZZZZZZ! Time's up.

No comments: