Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 151, Nothing could be finer than to be in my recliner

Ahhhhhh! Recliners. There is nothing like a comfy chair to rest your tired bones in at the end of a long week of work. I'm not sure if this picture was taken in Southern California or Southern Alabama.... These are either Redneck Recliners or Tijuana La-Z-Boy chairs. Either way, let's just make Friday National La-Z-Boy day...ok?

But wait! There's more...... I'm on a roll... Badabing! Time to write a new version of The 12 Days of Christmas.... You KNOW how much I love that song, right? Well, I've decided to write The 12 Pounds of Christmas. It's sort of an "aftershock" of the holidays..... It goes like this:

"On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 2 pumpkin rolls and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 6 peanut clusters, 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 7 bowls of stuffing, 6 peanut clusters, 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 8 scoops of gravy, 7 bowls of stuffing, 6 peanut clusters, 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 9 pounds of turkey, 8 scoops of gravy, 7 bowls of stuffing, 6 peanut clusters, 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 10 cups of eggnog, 9 pounds of turkey, 8 scoops of gravy, 7 bowls of stuffing, 6 peanut clusters, 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge.
On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... 11 spoons of Cool Whip, 10 cups of eggnog, 9 pounds of turkey, 8 scoops of gravy, 7 bowls of stuffing, 6 peanut clusters, 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road  fudge.
On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me..... 12 snickerdoodles, 11 spoons of Cool Whip, 10 cups of eggnog, 9 pounds of turkey, 8 scoops of gravy, 7 bowls of stuffing, 6 peanut clusters, 5 cherry pies! 4 candied yams, 3 mint tarts, 2 pumpkin rolls, and a plate full of rocky road fudge!!!!"

And you know what? I ate it ALL!

Doesn't that just make you want to stick your finger down your throat?
Ahhhhh! Holidays!


And I wonder why the tires on my car are worn out on the driver's side.

No comments: