Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 167, 198 to go

Look at me, nearly to the half-way mark! I'm hanging in there..... sometimes much to the chagrin of my many followers :) I say that with a very pointed tongue in my cheek. :)

Is it possible to get bed sores from sitting too long in my La-Z-Boy? I do so like my chair.

RAK--tonight I did the dishes so Ellen wouldn't have to. I think that qualifies....I've been examining my motives behind it, and I believe they may actually be satisfactory. Of course, it did open the door for me to ask favors of her tonight, so in that, my RAK was self-serving, but I don't think I took advantage of it, so that makes my gesture acceptable in my book.

Another weekend has passed.....This one ended with an episode of Jane Austen's "Emma." Yep, I'm a member of the Jane Austen fan club; I admit it. Whenever I read her books, it makes me yearn even more to be a published author. I love writing.

Maybe this week I will hear from that publisher.... And good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will mail my manuscript to DAW Books. Why... Why... Why do I keep saying that I will, but then I don't? What in the world is there to lose? My pride? That happened after the rejections hit the high double digits. So what of it? I wish I could figure out what I am waiting for.... a miracle perhaps? Rick says "Send Moses down the Nile... and let someone else follow his path." I know there is a metaphor in there for me,,,,, question is, am I clever enough to figure it out? I believe he is trying to tell me to mail the frickin manuscript, and shut up about it. Yep, that sounds like Rick.

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Wow, I didn't even know you posted a comment on my blog until today :) I sent you Chapter 26. Hope you like it. Yeah, I'm pretty much like *f it* and just querying everyone. I don't give a sh*t anymore. I'm going fishing and I want to see if anyone will take the bait. What do I have to lose? Nothing. Send that manuscript out btw...what are you waiting for?