Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 186, Rockin and a Rollin'

Figured I'd do this now and get it out of the way.... so I can enjoy what's left of my evening. No offense. My day began early...far too early for a Saturday....especially when I didn't go to bed until 1:30am. Spent the day at the temple....hoping for some inspiration and re-fueling.

Still stewing over what to do about my book...lots of ideas swirling overhead, but don't know how it's going to land. Sometimes I just want to publish and let the cards fall where they may... but then I think about it.... and about having a book out there with my name on it, and I realize that I want it to be the very best it can be. I don't know what "best" is...that's my problem. I need the professional's touch. What the heck does it mean when you give your characters emotion? How do you give them depth? Have them talk about deep subjects? Pth!~~~~~!! In the beginning, I was telling the story from a 17-year-old mind...youthful, inexperienced, and innocent. C'mon, how much depth can you have without the benefit of life experience? That explains why so many movies, books, TV shows that center around teenagers have characters that act as if they are 30-something. So now, my goal is to make my book more marketable without compromising that parts of it that I love the most.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Celebrate love ;)
Oh yeah, and I have to give a talk tomorrow. No rest for the wicked.

RAK? Can I skip it tonight? I was very nice today...it's hard not to be nice when you're in the temple.

No comments: