Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 188, All By Myself

How cute is this, huh? Is Kieran a little doll, or what? Wish I could see these guys. They are going to be so big by summer.

Today I had a great day off.... I pruned the fruit trees, cut back the roses, and worked on my book. In that order. :) Then tonight, I tried my hand at grandma's salmon crochets. Yum yum. It made me miss Andrew a ton...He would have loved them. There's nothing like grandma's cooking, though....try as I did to follow her recipe, they just didn't turn out quite as perfect. I think she hides things when she gives out her recipes... It's a conspiracy!@!

Guess what? Tomorrow marks the one-year anniversary since sending out my first query letter. Oh, how wide-eyed and naive I was! I honestly thought when they read my query and my first chapter, they would beat down my door to sign me. Well,,,, my door is still standing. Tell you anything? I'll tell you something...I have faced more rejection in the past year than I have in my entire life...and I am growing a pretty thick skin as a result. In spite of it all, I have this calm, peaceful reassurance that tells me my book is going to be published. Wish that calm, peaceful feeling would send me a publishing contract... Hey,,, how about that?

The check is in the mail.

No comments: