Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 189, DOH!

Here I am again.... posting at almost 1am. What is wrong with me? It's not enough that I have to stay up till midnight so I can watch the Olympics..... but then I have to forget to post my blog for the day. Alright, I confess, I spent the majority of my night working on my book.....and that's the real reason I am still up at 1am. I am going to hate my life tomorrow ;)

I was trying to think if I performed any RAKs today....I can't think of one single solitary thing that I did for someone else. Today was all about me.... apparently, most of my days are all about me. Did I help anyone in need? Did I cheer up the sad? Make someone feel glad? If not.... I have failed indeed.

Hmmm. I did make my science students feel glad.... I had them mimic the dancing bird..... but I hardly count that as an RAK.... it was waaaay too entertaining for me.
I bought dinner for my family----hey, Taco Tuesday. Of course, that was a bit self-serving,,,,don't ya think?
I loaned Mr. C. my white-out. No sacrifice on my part....but it helped him out.

Seriously, that's all I've got. Now tell me.... How freakin' pathetic is that?

Raechel used examples of my blog to teach a lesson on unselfish service. I understand it got quite a laugh. Go figure. Well... there you go... If my blog helped Raechel's lesson be more engaging,,, then I have done a good deed. I chalk that up to a bonafide RAK. Shhh. I know what you're thinking.... Just keep it to yourself.

No comments: