Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 326, Happy Birthday America!


Happy Fourth of July everyone :) I hope your day was full of fabulous fun, fireworks, and family bar-b-ques!!! Wish all of our family could be with us today. Here's our grandbaby enjoying her first 4th of July on the beach.
How grateful I am to live in this country. I rant and rave about our flaws, but I am ever reminded that we are blessed to live in the promised land---prepared from the beginning to be a land of religious freedom where the gospel could be restored in its fullness. I think of the Saints who sacrificed so much to travel here so they could be part of that restoration. And I think about the price that was paid for our Independence from all other nations. And then I remember the time I spent a week outside of our country's borders, and how I understood what people felt when they say they kissed the ground when they came home. I am grateful to be an American citizen.
Today Charlene and I played our organ/piano duet of The Battle Hymn of the Republic. I was nervous, knees knocked with unnatural rapidity, but I got through it. Whew! And I didn't mess up my solo :) Hopefully, the congregation was moved. Then I did an "on the fly" Sunday School lesson for Ellen's class. That was fun. AND then, I taught the lesson in Young Women's. It was awesome to be with the young women again.
Oh guess what? I got a new calling today. I am now the choir director for our ward. When you stop laughing, I'll continue.................. Okay, that's quite enough. It's not THAT funny!!! I may not be able to sing a lick, but I know good music when I hear it :) 

No comments: