Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 365, Finish Line, Whew hoooooooo!!!

Da da da da!!! Go Mindy, Go Mindy, Go Mindy.... Celebrate! Celebrate! Balloons, cheers, confetti, you name it. My goal has been met.

So where are the cameras? The reporters? The movie makers? The publishers? The Contracts?

And what happened to all my followers? I was supposed to have thousands of faithful fans by now---fans who would eventually buy my book, and demand more!!!

Yeah. Okay. I live in dreamland. That doesn't bother me. I dream big...and why not? If I don't dare to dream, then nothing great will ever happen in my life.

So, I've been browsing through some of my posts, and I can truly see that I chose a fitting title for my blog. During the past 365 days, I created and dismantled Planet M, enjoyed the most amazing year of teaching since I became a teacher, changed my career, got released from my church calling and called to a new position, went to my 30 year class reunion, lost ten pounds, had my dream vacation to Hawaii, faced my fear of snorkel and snuba, left the school site I loved, bought a new couch, adopted two tiger kitties, watched my daughter graduate from BYU, had my first mammogram, supported my son on his mission, rewrote my novel, got a publishing contract, started my sequel, went through two heart surgeries of our newest grand baby, went through the trauma of my son rolling his car on the Cajon Pass, spent a couple sleepless nights with sick parents at the hospital, read several novels, had my highest results ever in LA test scores, celebrated my 8th wedding anniversary with my sweetheart, and tried to become a nicer person by doing RAKs.

I only reached 5 out of 11 goals. I'm not sure what school you went to, but where I come from, that's an "F". Not too impressive, huh?

No, I did not reach all my goals, but I did move forward. That's a good thing. In the end, I have a comprehensive journal of the past year of my life. I think that's pretty cool, in and of itself.

So where do I go from here? I don't know. I will probably continute to write---it's sort of a habit now, but write about what? Who knows? The year ahead of me is full of promise and the unknown. I can live with that. For now.

Till next time... This is the Crazy Lady, saying goodnight.

365 in 365.... I can check that one off my list of things to do before I die.

No comments: